Monday, May 11, 2009

Summertime And The Traveling Is Easy!


Zoe here: We’re on the road again. As you see here, we are supervising the loading of our camper. It has been so long since our parents loaded up the camper and struck out for places known and unknown. Actually, they have visited the unknown, but left us behind to guard the house and contribute to the economy by having a dog/house sitter live with us for a couple of weeks. They know that we love Eileen-Margaret and her family and she wouldn’t mind staying with us just ‘cause we’re so cute. But, they insisted on dispersing the “wealth” just to help the economic situation. (Whatever that is anyway???) We heard something about it from our dad who rents out hours during the night to their friends worrying about things like that.

Let’s see… the last time we were in our camper we faced two Nor’easters, one flood, and coolish weather in October when we were in Edisto Beach and Myrtle Beach. Then they put the camper away for a long time.

That didn’t stop them from going to Mexico two times. This time in April, they even let Parker and her folks join them in Cancun. It didn’t seem fair that we didn’t get to go. Phaedra staged a protest by curling up in Mom’s suitcase in December when they went to Cozumel, but that didn’t change their minds about leaving us at home at all. We didn’t want them to think that we really didn’t care if they went or not because we got to play with Eileen-Margaret and her family. They might have gotten their feelings hurt too much if we didn’t do something.

I got in trouble while they were gone. I just couldn’t help myself. You know, “the devil made me do it” or something like that. Anyway, those pillows kept falling on top of me when I jumped on their bed during the times E-M was gone and we were staying in the bedroom. I got so frustrated (maybe a little bored, too) so I gave them what for. I ATE the end off of one, a whole in another, and then the comforter got in my way so I had to chew the stuffing out of it, too. E-M felt so bad that I felt bad too. Mom and Dad didn’t like what I did one bit. Upstairs came the jail.

I’ve been pretty good since then. I try to divert myself with games like "Chase the Tail" and Frisbee. I got out of jail when they left. I even earned back their trust until that darn comforter made fun of me one day. I declared war on it and back in jail I went. Then their Gabbeh rug had this really cute fringe on it. It was only a couple of inches long so I didn’t think they would miss any of it so I ate the middle of it. Guess what? Back in jail for me!

We finally left on May 1 for the beach in Myrtle. We’re going to be here for a month. The jail came along, too. It is better than the one I have at home, though. It belongs to my cousin Franklin. I can see out of the top and the sides. Plus I get treats every time I get into it so as long as I have long dog and my other toys I don’t care!

The beach is so much fun. Phaedra and I swim in the waves and play war and chase each other. The water is 77* so it’s not too cold. We just love it.

Parker and her folks came to visit for Mother’s Day. She loved throwing my ball and then chasing me down the beach. She also loves swimming in the ocean. She is getting tons braver, now, and even stands up when the waves crash onto her body. Then she laughs so loudly you could hear her in Mexico if you listened for her. She’s coming back in two weeks for Memorial Day with her folks and will stay down with us while her folks go back home again. That’ll be fun. Phaedra even enjoys Parker as long as she doesn’t run after her. I love it, though! She’s just another puppy to me! Even if I am now one year old, I still like to be silly and have a friend to be silly alongside me!

I’m going to have Phaedra write the next installment about our trip soon. Don’t forget us! We’ll see y’all soon I hope.

Z

1 comment:

stephen greene said...

How nice that you both feel it is Summertime. For some/most of us, it is still spring and the work is hard. I loved reading about your travels! What a great year you all have had filled with great sounds and sights. I loved the Oregon Trail info as I have not been to that part of the country. I look forward to hearing from you with regards to the Dog Days of Summer...