Sunday, July 18, 2010

Seattle and Beyond!!!

Seattle…All I can say is TRAFFIC!!!


We found a small campground in Issaquah about 20 miles east of Seattle. Though it was hot in Seattle, we were cooler at our campground and you should have seen the wildflowers! Great sniffs all around.


It sounds like this visit can be called a visit with friends from afar! Jessee and Patrick, some of our favorite people live in Seattle. Plus, we get to meet their special people, too. Then, there is Mom’s best friend from junior high and high school, Rosy. They haven’t seen each other in 40 years!


Our friends from California, Linda and David, whom we met 2 years ago in Taos when I was only 15 weeks old, pulled into the same campground later that first day. Phae and I really liked them. We all had a nice visit and later the folks and they went out to dinner together. I had kibble, again!


Two of our NC friends have sons, Jessee and Patrick, who live in Seattle. We had the best time seeing them and their girlfriends. The folks went to Kim and Patrick’s house the second day and Anita and Jessee were already there. They drove Mom and Papa all over the city during the next 2 days. The even took them to the Troll, the sculpture garden, Queen Anne’s 5 Spot Restaurant for breakfast, the locks, and so many other places! They treated Mom and Papa like kings, but we had to stay home!!! Finally, the four friends came to visit us in the camper and let me tell you, Kim sure can play ball. Patrick tried to practice ball throwing in moderation, but I know I would have won if he had stayed any longer. Anita and Jessee wanted to play with us, too, but there just wasn’t enough time!


We saw beautiful views of the city and also Mt. Rainier. The folks got to see the locks, which let boats go between Lake Union and Lake Washington. There were salmon ladders at the locks. Papa saw fish swimming upstream to spawn. I like eating fish. I wish I had been there!

They also visited the sculpture park along with the harbor. They watched cruise ships sailing out and visited The Wooden Boat Center. Breakfast in Queen Anne sounded really good! I was at home eating kibble when I could have had biscuits and gravy. So sad!


One day, Mom and Papa went to the city by themselves and had a great time at Pike Place Market. Papa liked the fish market a lot more than Mom. They even found a place to park on a city street! That big truck of ours is not fun in a city. Right across the street from the market is the Original Starbucks. Guess who had to go there?


The last day in the area, Mom and Dad took us for a ride up towards Mt. Rainier. We went with them and even though you couldn’t see the mountain from Seattle that day, when they got to the top the sun came out and we had a picnic. It was freezing and Phaedra and I got to play in the snow. It is really, really beautiful, just like me…


The last night in Seattle, Mom and Papa went to Bellevue to meet Rosy and Chuck. It sounds like they really had a wonderful time getting back together after all those years. Papa and Chuck were so patient with Mom and Rosy going on and on about days gone by. Mom says Rosy is exactly the same as she was when she was 18.


I think I really like Rosy if she was my Mom’s best friend. They couldn’t believe that all this time had passed and they were never in the same place at the same time. Phaedra is my best friend and sister, and I would sure miss her if I didn’t see her for 40 years, too.


Our next stop is Olympic National Park and Phae will write you from there.

Ta Ta… from Zoe, the Beautiful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE this blog and the great photos. *sigh*