Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's a Dog's Life! Thank Heavens!

Coffee, coffee, coffee! Zoe and I get left home again. In Chapel Hill, it’s Panera, but in Naples it’s Bad Ass Coffee. At least they don’t go every day! They missed two days.

Mom and Dad have left us alone twice this week. The first time was to the historic district of Naples. Bad Ass is located there, but they, also, took their bikes to go for a ride along the beach road. From what I heard, the homes were HUGE. Mom and Dad couldn’t even afford a driveway to these homes. One even had a waterfall! I’d love to swim in the pond under the falls. I know Zoe wouldn’t like it so much. She’s such a wus!

The next day, they went to the Corkscrew Sanctuary which is an Audubon Society property located about 20 miles east of Naples (although, when you’re stuck at home it might as well be a hundred miles, right?). There wasn’t much wildlife, but they did get to see a Yellow-Crowned Night Heron, a Florida Black Racer Snake, and a raccoon.

Zoe and I get to see nothing. What do they think we are, chopped liver??? Hmmm, that sounds good and it is almost time for me to eat. (BTW, I’ve become a foodie as long as it is expensive or hot dogs. Don’t give me any of that soy stuff Mom eats, though. It lacks that “je ne sais quois” for me, anyway. Zoe eats anything so she wouldn’t care. The comforter actually enticed her the other day. Mom calls it the “comforter malfunction” and I call it just being naughty!)

We got to meet Karen and Herb whom they saw last week on Sanibel. They were really nice and even brought treats for us. Peanut Mutter Treats!!! These are real friends. (Darn it!!!! They are going back to Chapel Hill this week. No more treats for us! Poor us!)

We, also, met Papa’s other niece, Carla. She lives in Bradenton and came down here with her husband to see us. Boy, are they nice. Zoe got them to throw the ball over and over and over. They liked me, too! Again, we stayed home while they went to the city to eat at the Old Naples Pub! No doggie bags came home so I went on strike. Not Zoe, though.

I can’t wait to tell you about a road trip we took on Saturday afternoon, but Zoe really wants to tell the story. You won’t believe our crazy parents! What a doozie!

Well, so long! Hopefully, we’ll survive to write again. You know maybe it isn’t so bad that we don’t get to go everywhere with the folks. The verdict is still out on that one…

Phaedra, The Great!

No comments: