Friday, February 5, 2010

Hi All!

Phaedra here after months and months of not traveling!


Boy has this been a long trip so far. We are having a wonderful time in Mt. Dora. Our great friend, Dusty Rose, lives there. She is such a fast and beautiful dog. She’s a vizula and runs so very fast that I can’t keep up with her. She likes to chase Zoe around and around their huge, fenced yard – Zoe doesn’t mind her anymore. She was scared at first, but when Dusty and I played together, Zoe understood that she wasn’t dangerous. You know what a scaredy-cat Zoe is, right? Anyway, she’s a bit better now.


Dusty’s folks are long-time friends of Mom and Papa. Actually, Papa went to elementary school with Dave. When the folks were first married, Dave and Cathy were really good friends of theirs up in Michigan. Cathy is a really good cook and they spent lots of

time eating and playing bridge. I think I heard that the folks lost in bridge by 2000 points. I don’t know what that means, but it sounds like a lot to me…


The folks went to a state park while we were in Mt. Dora. It is Blue Springs State Park known for manatees that go there because the water temperature is constantly warm for them. This year it was really cold in Florida for a couple of weeks and so far 84 manatees have died because of the cold water temperatures. When they were there, they took a boat on the St. John’s River and saw tons of different birds and alligators. Of course, we didn’t get to go. Can you imagine, dogs aren’t allowed on the boat trip. The three of us had to stay back at Dusty’s home. Is that fair? NO!




Then, the next day, the four parents went to Winter Park to visit the Morse Museum of Art, which has Tiffany Stained Glass, objects among other displays. I don’t know why they had to go to a museum to see glass. We have some in our cupboard. Maybe it isn’t the same kind of glass. Anyway, Papa thinks he will start doing stained glass again. I heard him saying he was inspired again! Wonder what that means?...



Oh, well, Zoe will write to you soon, I think. If you have any extra dog treats, send them to me at the Neapolitan Cove RV Park in Naples. I'll be able to get them when I arrive.


Ta-ta until later.

P…

No comments: