Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dad's a Wimp and I'm Home Alone


Phaedra here... Well here we are in Santa Fe in a lovely campground with shade and grass, finally. Wait!! I can't walk on the grass? I still only get dirt gravel? Not fair.

Plus, Zoe had to go for the day to the Vets and now all she does is sleep since she got home, and Mom and Dad left me alone when they went to Bandelier National Monument. It really sounded neat because these are cliff dwellings in Frijoles Canyon near Los Alamos. I heard Mom talking about climbing to the top of Alcove House which was way up the wall in the second picture. She had to climb 4 ladders to make it to the dwellings. Dad only went up the first ladder. What a wimp!! The 3rd picture was Mom looking down at Dad after she climbed the second ladder. We are very proud of her 140 foot vertical climb. Dad at least made it back down. I don't think I'd like to live in those caves. Imagine what you'd have to do every time you went out for a walk. P

No comments: