Monday, June 9, 2008

Snow! Snow! Snow!

Phaedra here... Wouldn't you think that if you are hiking when it is 56* with the sun shining and a cool breeze it wouldn't require too many stops? Not so! My parents were breathing hard after
the first hill. Well, maybe the 11,000 feet altitude had something to do with it, too. They said that the air is thinner, but it didn't bother me at all.


Zoe kept up with me through streams and over rocks, but she did a header down a snow field. She caught on soon enough, but still couldn't catch me! You won't believe what a movie star I am. Just ask my mom. You should have heard my folks exclaim over the ski runs here at Taos Ski Valley. Mom even told dad that it looked just like the recurring nightmares she used to have about how steep the runs were and how scary it was just to get started down. She doesn't think she could go down them anymore. I heard her say that 23 out of the 30 runs are only for experts, so maybe she's right. I could do it, though. When we got back we had to pack because we're off to Santa Fe tomorrow. That wussy puppy just slept for hours and hours. I liked that, though, because she bites me and pulls my beautiful hair out by mouthfuls! Got to go take a nap now. Guess I'm a bit tired out, too, but I'll never admit it. Adios from Taos. P



1 comment:

thingsineverthoughtidsay said...

There's a trend of bloggers getting book deals. I wonder if Phaedra and Zoe have one already.