Sunday, July 6, 2008

Beep! Beep!

Mom and Dad saw their first roadrunner while here at Lake Powell. They said it was really fast. I could of caught it if they would have let me! I'm a lot faster then Phaedra.

Lake Powell is a man made lake that runs 140 miles through Utah into a little of Arizona. It serves a huge area. There was so much snow in the Utah mountains this year, the dam people said that Lake Powell is rising one foot A DAY! That is almost as tall as I am now.

The main problem we had was the heat. July 4th was 107.6 in the shade of our camper and 113 degrees in the sun on our picnic table. When the wind blew, it was hot air. (Dad knows a lot about that.) I had trouble when I had to go out to walk. I'd squat and have to keep changing which foot was on the ground - that's how hot is was for me!

The campground was lovely but very much a desert. There were jack rabbitts all over the place with the biggest ears you ever saw. The folks went on hikes early in the morning and spent the rest of the day at the resort pool or sleeping because the hike tuckered them out. Not me, I'm always ready to go!

They did go on a hike to get a great view of the Colorado River as it went around a bend. They also saw horny toads. I heard they are quite tasty and the babies are being born now. The only problem with them is that when they are swallowed they stick out their horns and get stuck in a dog's throat. Mom watched me like a hawk so I don't know that first hand!

They also visited the dam and had a
tour which they really enjoyed. The town of Page had a great fireworks show on the 4th.

It is onto Zion on the 5th. Hope
it cools down.

Zoe, the wonder dog/monster as Mom calls me.


No comments: