Friday, July 4, 2008

Red Dog from Monument Valley


Monument Valley is like nothing I've ever seen before. Tribal dogs roam freely and seem so nice. I wish Phaedra and I could get out and run.

The campground at Monument Valley was really cool. We were in a small canyon surrounded by red cliffs. The whole place was red, red, red. I really enjoyed rolling in the dust. I'd bring it into the camper, onto everything. We were there 3 days with everybody joining us the second day.


They all did a 17 mile loop drive throughout the park on a bumpy dirt road. They were able to see most of the valley. This place became famous because a lot of John Wayne's movies were shot here.

Mom bought this CD with weird Native American music and we would sit outside and listen to it. Mom would talk about how sacred it felt. Maybe she was here in another life.





It's on to Lake Powell on the 30th. Don't know much about that but maybe Phaedra does.

No comments: